Alpha Omega Omega Chapter has established the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. ® Alpha Omega Omega Chapter Historically Black College & University (HBCU) scholarship. This scholarship was established to support female students within our community. This is a need-based scholarship that will be awarded to a graduating high school female student who resides in the city of Beaumont, TX, and seeks to pursue a four (4) year degree at an HBCU after graduating from high school.
The applicant must have at least a 2.5 G.P.A, and must show proof of school and community involvement.
The online Scholarship application and required documents should be submitted to Alpha Omega Omega Chapter at www.aoo1933.com by Monday, April 12, 2021.
*Scholarship recipients must show proof of enrollment in a 4-year HBCU. Funds will be mailed directly to the College or University.
Your application should include:
- Completed Application ( Click the button below to apply)
- Official High School Transcript with most recent grading period (Please black out social security number.)
- Professional Photo ( May be used as part of chapter’s promotion of HBCUs)
- HBCU acceptance letter
- Typed essay: no more than 2 pages, double spaced - 12 point font, describe who you are (interest, community service, financial need, goals and major). Also include your reason(s) for choosing to attend an HBCU.
- Three letters of Reference
- Media Release Form (Click to download)
Program Committee – HBCU Scholarship
Alpha Omega Omega Chapter
Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
P.O. Box 22063
Beaumont, Texas 77720